Terms and Conditions
No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and Our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon Our sending a confirmation email to you indicating that your order has been accepted.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
2. Age Restrictions
3. Business Customers
4. Intellectual Property
- 4.1 Subject to the exceptions in Clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Isom Global Strategies, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable [COUNTRY] and International intellectual property and other laws.
- 4.2 Subject to Clause 6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given Our express written permission to do so.
5. Third Party Intellectual Property
- 5.1 Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- 5.2 Subject to Clause 6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
6. Fair Use of Intellectual Property
7. Links to Other Websites
8. Links to this Website
9. Use of Communications Facilities
- 9.1 When using any System on the Website you should do so in accordance with the following rules. Failure to comply with these rules may result in your Account being suspended or closed:
- 9.1.1 You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- 9.1.2 You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- 9.1.3 You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- 9.1.4 It is advised that submissions are made using the English language as We may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- 9.1.5 The means by which you identify yourself must not violate these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws;
- 9.1.6 You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of Isom Global Strategies or Our affiliates; and
- 9.1.7 You must not use Our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as "spam" or "junk mail".
- 9.2 You acknowledge that Isom Global Strategies reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
- 9.3 You acknowledge that Isom Global Strategies may retain copies of any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
- 9.4 You acknowledge that any information you send to Us through Our System may be modified by Us in any way and you hereby waive your moral right to be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you may wish to place upon Our use of such information must be communicated to Us in advance and We reserve the right to reject such terms and associated information.
- 10.1 In order to procure Services on this Website and to use certain other parts of the System, you are required to create an Account which will contain certain personal details and Payment Information which may vary based upon your use of the Website as We may not require payment information until you wish to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Websiteyou represent and warrant that:
- 10.1.1 all information you submit is accurate and truthful;
- 10.1.2 you have permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be required; and
- 10.1.3 you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your creation of an Account is further affirmation of your representation and warranty.
- 10.2 It is recommended that you do not share your Account details, particularly your username and password. We accept no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your Account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your Account details in your internet browser.
- 10.3 If you have reason to believe that your Account details have been obtained by another person without consent, you should contact Us immediately to suspend your Account and cancel any unauthorised orders or payments that may be pending. Please be aware that orders or payments can only be cancelled up until provision of Services has commenced. In the event that an unauthorised provision commences prior to your notifying Us of the unauthorised nature of the order or payment then you shall be charged for the period from the commencement of the provision of services until the date you notified us and may be charged for a billing cycle of one month.
- 10.4 When choosing your username you are required to adhere to the terms set out above in Clause 9. Any failure to do so could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
11. Termination and Cancellation of Accounts
- 11.1 Either Isom Global Strategies or you may terminate your Account. If We terminate your Account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, We reserve the right to terminate without giving reasons.
- 11.2 If We terminate your Account, any current or pending orders or payments on your Account will be cancelled and provision of Services will not commence.
12. Services, Pricing and Availability
- 12.1 Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all general descriptions of Services available from Isom Global Strategies correspond to the actual Services that will be provided to you, We are not responsible for any variations from these descriptions as the exact nature of the Services may vary depending on your individual requirements and circumstances. This does not exclude Our liability for mistakes due to negligence on Our part and refers only to variations of the correct Services, not different Services altogether. Please refer to sub-Clause 13.8 for incorrect Services.
- 12.2 Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required Plan of Services.
- 12.3 We neither represent nor warrant that such Services will be available at all times and cannot necessarily confirm availability until confirming your Order. Availability indications are not provided on the Website.
- 12.4 All pricing information on the Website is correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary.
- 12.5 In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Services and Us processing that order and taking payment, then the price that was valid at the time of the order shall be used.
13. Orders and Provision of Services
- 13.1 No part of this Website constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending to you an order confirmation email. Only once We have sent you an order confirmation email will there be a binding contract between Isom Global Strategies and you.
- 13.2 Order confirmations under sub-Clause 13.1 will be sent to you before the Services begin and shall contain the following information:
- 13.2.1 Confirmation of the Services ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those Services;
- 13.2.2 Fully itemised pricing for the Services ordered including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery and other additional charges;
- 13.2.3 Relevant times and dates for the provision of the Services;
- 13.2.4 User credentials and relevant information for accessing those services.
- 13.3 If We, for any reason, do not accept your order, no payment shall be taken under normal circumstances. In any event, any sums paid by you in relation to that order will be refunded within 14 calendar days.
- 13.4 Payment for the Services shall be taken via your chosen payment method, immediately for any setup fee that corresponds to the service plan you purchased and at the same day of each subsequent month (“billing cycle”) for charges accrued during the previous month (“billing cycle”) AND/OR as indicated in the order confirmation you received.
- 13.5 We aim to fulfill your Order within 2-3 working days or if not, within a reasonable period following your Order, unless there are exceptional circumstances. If we cannot fulfill your Order within a reasonable period, we will inform you at the time you place the Order by a note on the relevant web page or by contacting you directly after you place your Order. Time is not of the essence of the Contract, which means we will aim to fulfill your Order within any agreed timescales but this is not an essential term of the Contract and we will not be liable to you if we do not do so. If the Services are to begin within 14 calendar days of Our acceptance of your order, at your express request, you will be required to expressly acknowledge that your statutory cancellation rights, detailed below in Clause 14, will be affected.
- 13.6 Isom Global Strategies shall use all Our reasonable endeavours to provide the Services with reasonable skill and care, commensurate with best trade practice.
- 13.7 In the event that Services are provided that are not in conformity with your order and thus incorrect, you should contact Us immediately to inform Us of the mistake. We will ensure that any necessary corrections are made within five (5) working days.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply to the provision of certain Services. You will be asked to read and confirm your acceptance of any such terms and conditions when completing your Order.
- 13.8 Isom Global Strategies provides technical support via our online support forum and/or phone. Isom Global Strategies makes every effort possible to respond in a timely manner but we do not guarantee a particular response time.
14. Cancellation of Orders and Services
- 14.1 If you are a consumer based within the European Union, you have a statutory right to a “cooling off” period. This period begins once your order is confirmed and the contract between Isom Global Strategies and you is formed and ends at the end of 14 calendar days after that date. If you change your mind about the Services within this period and wish to cancel your order, please inform Us immediately using the following email: [email protected]. Your right to cancel during the cooling off period is subject to the provisions of sub-Clause 14.2.
- 14.2 As specified in sub-Clause 13.6, if the Services are to begin within the cooling off period you are required to make an express request to that effect. By requesting that the Services begin within the 14 calendar day cooling off period you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- 14.2.1 If the Services are fully performed within the 14 calendar day cooling off period, you will lose your right to cancel after the Services are complete.
- 14.2.2 If you cancel the Services after provision has begun but is not yet complete you will still be required to pay for the Services supplied up until the point at which you inform Us that you wish to cancel. The amount due shall be calculated in proportion to the full price of the Services and the actual Services already provided. Any sums that have already been paid for the Services shall be refunded subject to deductions calculated in accordance with the foregoing. Refunds, where applicable, will be issued within 5 working days and in any event no later than 14 calendar days after you inform Us that you wish to cancel.
- 14.3 Cancellation of Services after the 14 calendar day cooling off period has elapsed shall be subject to the specific terms governing those Services and may be subject to a minimum contract duration.
16. How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- 16.1 All personal information that We may collect (including, but not limited to, your name and address) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
- 16.2 We may use your personal information to:
- 16.2.1 Provide Our Services to you;
- 16.2.2 Process your payment for the Services; and
- 16.2.3 Inform you of new products and services available from Us. You may request that We stop sending you this information at any time.
- 16.3 In certain circumstances (if, for example, you wish to purchase Services on credit), and with your consent, We may pass your personal information on to credit reference agencies. These agencies are also bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 and should use and hold your personal information accordingly.
- 16.4 We will not pass on your personal information to any other third parties without first obtaining your express permission.
- 17.1 We make no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service or Services.
- 17.2 No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- 17.3 No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- 17.4 Whilst We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, you are strongly advised to take responsibility for your own internet security, that of your personal details and your computers.
18. Changes to the Facilities and these Terms and Conditions
19. Availability of the Website
- 19.1 The Website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. Isom Global Strategies uses industry best practices to provide a high uptime, including a fault-tolerant architecture hosted in cloud servers. We give no warranty that the Website or Facilities will be free of defects and / or faults and we do not provide any kind of refund for outages. We provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- 19.2 We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
20. Limitation of Liability
- 20.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, We accept no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. You should be aware that you use the Website and its Content at your own risk.
- 20.2 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts .
- 20.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Isom Global Strategies's liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect provision of Services or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Website.
- 20.4 In the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms and Conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
21. No Waiver
22. Previous Terms and Conditions
23. Third Party Rights
- 24.1 All notices / communications shall be given to Us either by post to Our Premises (see address above) or by email to [email protected]. Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- 24.2 We may from time to time, if you opt to receive it, send you information about Our products and/or services. If you do not wish to receive such information, please click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email which you receive from Us.
25. Law and Jurisdiction
Judy Dang founded Avid At Work to empower entrepreneurs to turn their ideas into action. Clients affectionately call her a Time Ninja. Instead of starting 57 ideas and never finishing them, clients learn to cut through the noise and focus on priorities that drive business forward. She breaks down large fuzzy projects into snackable easy bites, so that clients actually get to the finish line. Judy brings over 18 years of project management expertise from serving universities, entrepreneurs, and professional services firms. She’s appeared in Forbes and Wired magazines. Judy is the inventor of the Goal Getter Formula, a five-step process for getting clear on top priorities and the action steps to achieving them with ease and confidence. “Perfect Enough”, Judy's book for Asian-American women on breaking free of perfectionism, will be published by New Degree Press in September 2022.
Dr. Kim Davis
Dr. Kim Davis, Founder, and Principal of Top Performance Leadership Group, LLC, is an Educational Leadership graduate in Transformational Leadership from Concordia University-Portland. Her research in Organization Development explored how practitioners of Appreciative Inquiry (AI) determine impact. She has identified a pivotal point in motivation to change. She termed the Paradigm Fulcrum ©, an emergent concept she continues to develop by integrating Transformative Emotional Intelligence (TEI) with the strengths-based AI change model for coaching and training excellence in education, business, healthcare, and personal development. Dr. Davis is a successful speaker, entrepreneur, and business consultant who served as a business leader for major corporations and is a published curriculum author. Currently, Dr. Davis serves as a public-school district administrator and adjunct instructor in a teacher development program while speaking, publishing, coaching, and consulting business and educational organizations. She is further credentialed as a certified Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator, a certified Transformative Emotional Intelligence (TEI) coach, and a Mental Health First Aid Trainer. Dr. Davis is currently pursuing her Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) credentials, which she plans to focus on Organizational Behavior Management/Performance Management.
Aaron as a certified instructor, systems analyst, and technology manager offers business training, staffing services, and efficient technologies that help clients grow and succeed. Experienced President with a demonstrated history of working in the tradeshow, computer training/software, and audio/video industries. Skilled in Marketing Management, Sales, Event Management, Market Research, and Fundraising. Strong business development professional with a MBA from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University.
Leo is passionate about helping small business owners GROW, PROFIT, and SCALE business to seven figures and beyond. He has done it often, and looks forward to helping others scale and increase sales. Leo has 20+ years as a company President, CEO, and CFO. He is a “serial entrepreneur” and Founder and CEO of Greenland Advisory, a boutique accounting and advisory firm serving clients across the U.S. With a perfect blend of accounting solutions and advisory, Greenland incorporates technology and know-how to accelerate growth and profit so businesses can SCALE UP and CASH OUT! He continues to be an author, speaker, serial entrepreneur and business coach.
Kevin has been principal of K.Duncan & Company, a CPA and consulting firm specializing in accounting systems, indirect rate development, cost proposals, Federal Acquisition Regulations compliance, and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) interface services to government contractors, since 1994. He specializes in supporting small business growth, including those sanctioned by the U.S. Small Business Administration’s 8(a) program. He has prepared and submitted hundreds of cost proposals for clients.
Dr. Christine Healy
Dr. Chris Healy, Ph.D., has 30+ years of professional experience in banking, healthcare, printing, trucking, sales, retail, manufacturing, foodservice sales, and academia. She currently is an Assistant Professor for Management at the College of Business at Utah Tech University, and she owns Healyum HR. Chris has consulted for educators, first responders, military, municipalities, and private-sector employers. Her HR practitioner experience includes Assistant Director for HR at Southern Utah University, Vice President for HR at Performance Foodservice, HR Director at Sysco, a Human Resource Business Partner for Wells Enterprises, and various HR roles for McLane Co.
Chris’ education includes a Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, an M.A. in HR management, and a B.S. in business, plus certifications in HR, the Certified Employee Benefits Specialist ® Program, Achieve Global, DDI, Birkman, PI assessments, Social Style Index, and Lominger competencies.
Chris has taught undergraduate and graduate students for 15+ years as an adjunct, in leadership, HR, change, benefits, compensation, and HR certification. She has served on many Boards, including at the Utah State Workforce Investment Board, United Way Dixie, Color Country HR Associates, Texas Workforce Solutions of Central TX, Temple Chamber, Temple High School Wildcat Workforce Board, ESGR, and the Dixie Tech Business Advisory board.
Towan Isom is Founder, President, and CEO of Isom Global Strategies (IGS), an award-winning strategic marketing, branding, digital advertising, and public relations firm in Washington, D.C. Since starting IGS in her basement in1998 Towan has generated over $22 million in annual revenue. She specializes in executive leadership in project implementation and management with primary expertise in marketing and communications, branding, and creative services.
IGS marketing and branding clients have included Nike, Comcast Xfinity, GlaxoSmithKline, the U.S. Marine Corps and Army, the U.S. Department of Commerce, and many other Fortune 500 companies and government agencies with a combined revenue in the billions. Towan is frequently invited to speak at events about marketing and branding (90 events thus far), and authored several papers on the subject, and others.
Anita Nielsen is the best-selling author of “Beat the Bots” and President of LDK Advisory Services. Using 20+ years of knowledge and trench experience in sales, leadership, and entrepreneurship, Anita helps business leaders develop high-performance sales cultures and sales teams that deliver unprecedented growth.Her proprietary Psyched2Sell Master Class teaches sellers to recognize the psychology, and logical and emotional drivers of buyers’ decisions so they create value propositions to win prospects’ hearts and minds, and close deals.Anita is committed to elevating women in sales, and serves on Boards for The National Association for Women Sales Professionals, and The Institute for Excellence in Sales, Women in Sales Leadership Forum. Plus, Anita helps grow future business leaders through her work as a Sales Coach for entrepreneurial sales students at the Harvard Business School. Anita has also been named one of Salesforce.com’s “29 game-changing sales Influencers to follow in 2022.”
Corbitt Chandler is an entrepreneur, elite digital marketer, consultant, and mentor. He recently was recognized as one of Birmingham’s (Alabama) top CEOs by the Birmingham Business Journal at its annual CEO Awards. He has founded multiple startups both bootstrapped and capital funded. He founded his first business, Apex Current, in his garage, after 15 years in corporate America. He drove Apex Current to a seven-figure annual revenue. Apex Current has been featured in national press publications for ranking 7th on DesignRush's list of the Top-10 U.S. ROI-Driven digital ad agencies.
Tani Lopez is a Social Media Consultant, Coach, and CEO and Founder of the consultancy firm TANIcollective. She has supported digital strategy for Fortune 500 companies for 9+ years, including L’ORÉAL, Nobu, Dunkin’, and Nike. Today, she supports small and medium-sized businesses worldwide on how to navigate social media for business growth through social media management, consulting, coaching, and lectures. She also worked with the U.S. Commerce Department Minority Business Development Agency Export Assistance Center in Houston.
Jessica Bull is an attorney, mentor, and founder of the J. Bull Consulting Firm, a virtual trademark and business law firm. She specializes in collaborating with businesses, entrepreneurs, and creatives to ensure a strong legal foundation for their business and brand. Jessica is an active community participant and volunteer. She is committed to educating others by providing resources and hosting business events to share information, inspiration, and access. Jessica believes business and law are part of her legacy and purpose. She is passionate about empowering her community to take creative control in their businesses, art, and content.
Senen Garcia has been an entrepreneur from an early age. Prior to receiving his undergraduate degree in business administration, Senen was sole owner of two businesses, including a tax practice, and an accounting consultancy for small and large companies. His concentration on entrepreneurship and international business fueled his desire to pursue life as an entrepreneur.While managing his tax practice, Senen earned graduate and Juris Doctorate degrees, and then opened his law practice to complement his accounting and tax services. Senen’s law practice is thriving, assisting clients with corporate, tax, real estate, and property insurance matters. Senen is a certified SCORE counselor advising small businesses on various topics to help propel them to the next level. Plus, he has assisted the Miami Bayside Foundation educate its small business clients on legal and compliance matters.
Dr. Justin Hiebert
All leaders face the same problem: limitations. Some experience this through limiting beliefs, while others face limitations in experience, staff, proper accountability, or an access to capital. By focusing on the four M’s of business: Mindset, Management, Marketing, and Money, Justin helps business owners identify their limitation and overcome it. His clients learn to think like a business owner, instead of an employee; develop and lead people well; reach their target audience; and build longterm wealth. Justin serves his clients by helping them live inspired and passionate lives that enables business owners, entrepreneurs, and world-changes of all types to leave a legacy of influence and impact on the world. He lives in Bakersfield, California with his five favorite people in the world: his wife Elise and four spectacular kids. An avid reader and outdoor lover he is always up for the next adventure life has for him.